Siuslaw Sophomore Samuel Ulrich won both the 800 meters and the 1,500 meters at Saturday's Sky-Em League championships.
The Siuslaw Vikings boys are champions of Sky-Em League track and field after a big day Saturday at Hans Petersen Field.
The Vikings rolled up 243 points in the two-day event, while Marshfield had 187, Cottage Grove 142, Elmira 109.5, Junction City 69.5 and Marist 59.
The Lady Vikings placed fourth among the six schools with 140 points. Marshfield had 255, Junction City 159, Cottage Grove 140, Marist 102 and Elmira 71.
Among Saturday's highlights for the Vikings:
- Sophomore Samuel Ulrich won the 800 meters in 2:04.83a and the 1,500 in 4:19.64a.
- Sophomore Hunter Petterson won the 100 meters in 11.73a seconds.
- Senior Skyler Loomis won the javelin on his last throw at 155-6 and placed second in the discus in 127-11.
- Junior Avery Hart won the shot put with a PR 42-3.75.
- Senior Elijah Blankenship qualified for state in both the 100 and 200 with second-place finishes.
- Senior Jaxson Jensen qualified for state by finishing second in the 400 in 55.42a.
- Junior Chad Hughes was second in the 1,500 in 4:19.99a to qualify for state.
- Junior Camp Lacouture was second in the 300 hurdles in a personal-record 44.49a to advance to state.
- Siuslaw's 4x100 relay team of Pettersen, Lacouture, James Smith and Blankenship was first in 45.63a.
- Siuslaw's 4x400 relay team of Pettersen, Ulrich, Chad Hughes and Blankenship (a late sub for Jensen) was second in 3:41.91a to qualify for state.
- Senior Brea Blankenship won the 800 meters in 2:30.89a and finished second in the 1,500 in 5:09.47a.
- Senior Gracie Freudenthal won the 100 hurdles in 16.12a and was second in the 300 hurdles in 48.46a.
- Junior Rylee Colton was second in the 800 in 2:31.05a.
- Siuslaw's 4x400 relay team of Blankenship, Colton, Corduroy Holbrook and Freudenthal won in 4:26.92a.
- Senior Andrea Osbon was second in the discus at 107-4, and will advance to state in the discus, shot put and javelin.
The Class 4A state championships are this Friday and Saturday at Hans Petersen Field.